Entrepreneurial Mindset Training
A Deloitte study found that organizations identified as “entrepreneurial” were succeeding at a much faster pace in the market with significantly increased higher profit margins and greater productivity among other indicators. In other words, thinking with an “entrepreneurial mindset” not only drives change, but it can blaze new trails. https://deloitte.wsj.com/cfo/files/2013/03/Why_entrepreneurs_matter.pdf
During the training phase, employees will gain skills in the following areas:
- Taking more ownership over their work
- Initiating new ideas that can solve problems
- Instilling a bias for action
- Using resources wisely to better serve current clients
- Creating a habit of micro-decision making in employees
- Thinking big picture and develop a vision for what’s possible for clients in the future
- Connecting the dots on daily activities and creating solutions
The Business of Me
“I wish I knew….” When reflecting on their academic and professional careers, even the most accomplished individuals can cite at least one thing that they wish they had known early on—instead of having to learn it the hard way. While experience is often still the best teacher, for some the stakes are higher.
The Business of Me teaches participants how to think critically, understand the unwritten rules of business, learn best practices for success, and finesse the nuance of soft skills. The workshop teaches these skills via fun, (deceptively) simple, interactive exercises that help participants to define their individual brand and map their own blueprint for success—and operate confidently in all areas of life on their own terms.
Participants attending “The Business of Me” will:
- Become more confident and comfortable handling competitive situations
- Learn how to advocate, monetarily, for what their talent is worth—as employees or entrepreneurs
- Understand how to introduce themselves in a memorable way to adults and professionals who can support them in moving their long-term goals forward
- Help them to cultivate the skills that will help them to stand out in an interview, and emerge as the best candidate
A new report from PayScale, in partnership with Future Workplace, an executive development firm, reveals the gap between hiring managers and recent college grads. 87% of recent graduates feel well prepared after earning their diplomas to enter the workforce. But, only half of hiring managers agree with them.
So how do we reverse this gap in expectations?
The skills that many are missing – communication, leadership, ownership, and teamwork – are rooted in the value of an entrepreneurial mindset. The You Inc experience can bridge the gap and provide additional foundations that would serve participants for life.
The workshop teaches these skills via fun, (deceptively) simple, interactive exercises that help participants to define their individual brand and map their own blueprint for success—and operate confidently in all areas of life on their own terms. Participants gain first hand experience using the unwritten rules of business, learning the best practices for success and finessing their soft skills.
Participants attending “You Inc” will learn how to :
- Recognize opportunity and be confident about taking initiative
- Understand the complexity of making leadership decisions and solving difficult problems
- Better manage personal and business finances thereby supporting your overall company operations
- Remain resilient in the faces of challenges
Customized programs can be developed to meet your group’s goals. If you desire to cover additional topics, please speak about your goals and Malla will develop content that delights audiences and sponsors alike.
Don’t see a training option that’s right for you? Let New Designs create a custom training option that addresses your organization’s immediate social media challenges.
How We Work
Step 1: Assess Your Needs
We work with you to discuss your training needs. We spend a predetermined time at your place of business, identifying key people, interviewing managers, surveying employees and talking to you about your training needs. We want to understand your strategic goals, gauge your HR challenges, identify your pain points and find out what’s holding your business back from being even more profitable.
Step 2: Training Preparation
Whether you have selected one of our established trainings or requested a custom training for your organization, your attendees will receive pre-workshop materials to prepare them for the workshop and a copy of the workshop training deck.
Step 3: Training and Curriculum Development Phase
This is where we really shine – in developing training specific to your needs. Our approach is one that respects the availability and learning styles of your employees and allows them to pick and choose activities and modules that work for them while focusing on the learning that they need. This can include but is not limited to surveys with personal feedback, listening to podcasts, watching and responding to video-based instruction, attending in class lectures and workshops and engaging in business simulation games and role-playing.
All of our training packages involved a combination of delivering methods: in person, virtual group coaching and self-paced computer base training.
Step 4: Post-Workshop Survey
All workshop participants receive post-workshop surveys to provide feedback to New Designs for Life and your organization.